12 November 2016 / Team News

Laugharne v St Davids

Laugharne 78 pts St Davids 0 pts Sat 22Oct 2016

On a glorious autumnal afternoon, Laugharne kicked off and upon receiving the ball the Saints ran back at them but not really getting anywhere. The writing was on the wall for the Saints when in the 2nd minute. from open play centre Tom Jameson cut through with an outrageous dummy to score the first try of his hat-trick. Jameson duly converted his own try. There seemed to be an urgency about Laugharne when in the 5th minute No.8 Mikey Williams got their 2nd try after some interplay with wing Luke Starkey. Jameson converted. In the 10th minute Starkey got a try of his own with flyhalf and captain Owain Thomas orchestrating proceedings and getting his backs to play with width. Jameson converted and Laugharne tails were up. In the 11th minute from the restart flyhalf Thomas scored a try of his own with a solo to secure the bonus point but this try went unconverted. With the damage already done, plucky St Davids never gave up and continued to put facets of play together,but Laugharne hardly gave them any space. The wide open spaces looked inviting and lively centre Tom Windsor was looking full of work when in the 18th minute he cut through to put co-centre Jameson in for his 2nd try. This went unconverted but still Laugharne thirsted for more success. In the 26th minute lock Carwyn Jones got in on the act being the beneficiary of some fine inter-passing of his fellow forwards. Centre Jameson got his kicking boots back on as he kicked the conversion. However, not finished with the scoring, in the 32nd minute Laugharne went further ahead with a try for centre Windsor after a quickly taken penalty. Jameson converted to close the half at 45pts - 0pts to Laugharne.
St Davids restarted the 2nd half but could not match the tempo that Laugharne were playing at. In the 5th minute centre Windsor got his 2nd try after a tap penalty quickly taken as he scored in the corner. With a superb effort Jameson converted from the touchline to add to St Davids`s woe. Scrum half Grant Waters was having an armchair ride with the likes of forwards Rhys Thomas and front row members Ben Lloyd and Dorian Harries supported by locks Tomos Rees and Jones, laying down the solid platform for the backs to play off. Flankers Lewis Owen and Tom Waters played their part by supporting No.8 Williams and nullifying any possible St Davids attack. in the 10th minute wing Starkey got his 2nd try which went unconverted. St Davids did have a have a mini revival as they took the game to Laugharne and to all rugby followers  a score from them would have been greatly received by all. But as hard as they might they could not break the stranglehold they were under. In the 18th minute flyhalf Thomas scored his 2nd try when the ball was spread with pace. This try was converted by Jameson who went on to complete his hat-trick after a break by flyhalf Thomas. At full time Jameson completed the scoring as he converted a well deserved try from live wire full back Tom Davies.
Due to cup competitions and Autumn internationals Laugharne`s next game is at home against league newcomers Tregaron on Sat Nov 12th K.O 2-30pm

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos

You must be signed in to add comments